Opening Bank Account in MCB (Mauritius)
MCB Bank starts business on 1 September 1838 in premises situated at the Rue de Paris in the capital, Port Louis. In the present day the network consists of 40 strategically located branches and helps assert the Bank's leadership in the retail market. MCB is also actively seeking to develop its market that is driven on the basis of its 'Bank of Banks' strategy, positioning itself as a regional central point for handling trade finance, payments and cards operations outsourcing, amongst others.
Overview of the basic services:
- Current accounts can be opened in major foreign currencies such as USD, GBP, EUR;
- Enabling to set up Standing Orders and Direct Debits for bill payments and other recurrent payments;
- Issue of international Visa Debit, Visa Classic and Visa Electron cards;
- Internet banking facility;
- Mobile banking;
- SWIFT service;
- MCB Secure (online service that generates a one-time password only you know. It protects your MCB credit card from unauthorized use).
Required documentation for a new individual bank account with MCB Bank (Mauritius):
- Certified true copy of passport or identity card with clear photographic image;
- Certified copy of a proof of residential address (utility bill of less than 12 months);
- Reference from a reputable bank or other acceptable financial institution (less than 6 months) for non-resident individuals.
Remote account opening:
- Available for individual bank account
Time of the application processing:
- 4 weeks
Account opening fee:
- 500 USD
Fees & rates:
For more information on the company services contact us by e-mail