Registration of yachts and vessels under Seychelles flag
The Republic of Seychelles is one of the most attractive and well-known jurisdictions. Seychelles International Business Companies (IBC) can be used also for registration of ownership of yachts and vessels.
Seychelles is a member of the UN, the Commonwealth of Nations, the Indian Ocean Commission, and the International Maritime Organization. It means that Seychelles has adopted appropriate laws and regulations ensuring compliance with international shipping standards.
Vessels and yachts may be registered under Seychelles flag in accordance with the Merchant Shipping Act, 1992.
Upon registration of a yacht or vessel the Certificate of Registration is issued for 5 years and Radio License for 1 year. Tonnage dues and radio license fees have to be paid once a year.
Requirements for registration of yachts and vessels under Seychelles flag
- The yacht (vessel) must not be older than 15 years;
- If the yacht (vessel) is longer than 20 meters, then it has to be surveyed by one of the recognized classification societies;
- Comprehensive technical information and documents for the yacht (vessel) have to be provided;
- The following documents for the yacht (vessel) also have to be provided:
- document of title (original/notarized copy of the Bill of Sale)
- original/notarized copy of the Builder’s Certificate
- color photo of the yacht (vessel), may be provided electronically
- copy of the insurance certificate
- If the yacht (vessel) was previously registered under any other flag, that registration has to be cancelled and the original certificate of deregistration of the vessel has to be provided.
Cost of registration of a vessel under Seychelles flag starts from 2,499 USD.
For more information, please contact our specialists