Registration of yachts and vessels under Seychelles flag
The Republic of Seychelles is one of the most attractive and well-known offshore jurisdictions. Seychelles International Business Companies (IBC) can be used not only as an effective tool of international tax planning but also for registration of ownership of yachts and vessels.
Seychelles is a member of the UN, the Commonwealth of Nations, the Indian Ocean Commission, and the International Maritime Organization. It means that Seychelles has adopted appropriate laws and regulations ensuring compliance with international shipping standards.
Vessels and yachts may be registered under Seychelles flag in accordance with the Merchant Shipping Act, 1992.
The advantages of registration of yachts and vessels in the name of Seychelles companies are as follows: use of nominee service guarantees high level of confidentiality, no taxation when selling/transferring a yacht, preferential taxation for companies that own yachts, and much more.
Upon registration of a yacht or vessel the Certificate of Registration is issued for 5 years and Radio License for 1 year. Tonnage dues and radio license fees have to be paid once a year.
Requirements for registration of yachts and vessels under Seychelles flag
- The yacht (vessel) must not be older than 15 years;
- If the yacht (vessel) is longer than 20 meters, then it has to be surveyed by one of the recognized classification societies;
- Comprehensive technical information and documents for the yacht (vessel) have to be provided;
- The following documents for the yacht (vessel) also have to be provided:
- document of title (original/notarized copy of the Bill of Sale)
- original/notarized copy of the Builder’s Certificate
- color photo of the yacht (vessel), may be provided electronically
- copy of the insurance certificate
- If the yacht (vessel) was previously registered under any other flag, that registration has to be cancelled and the original certificate of deregistration of the vessel has to be provided.
The Certificate of Registration of Vessel and Radio License are obtained within 7-10 workdays.
Cost of registration of a vessel under Seychelles flag starts from 2,499 USD.
Yacht registration packages
|Company registration including government fees|
|Registered address for 1 year|
|Services for shareholders for 1 year|
|Director services for 1 year|
|Annual renewal fee||1500 USD||1950 USD||2450 USD||2450 USD|